Overview and Usage
Brand Name: Zoltero
Generic Name: Zoledronic
Dosage Form: Injection
Packaging: 1 vial
Storage: Store at room temperature
Zoltero (Zoledronic) injection belongs to the family of medications known as bisphosphonates. It is used in the treatment of osteoporosis (weakening of the bones) caused by menopause or the use of steroids. This medicine can reduce your risk of breaking bones. It is important to take Zoltero injection as prescribed by your doctor. Dosage is based on your medical condition and your response to the treatment. This medicine is given as an infusion into your vein. Do not self-administer this medicine. Do not take this medicine in the wrong way as it may lead to some severe side effects. If you experience any symptoms while receiving this medicine, inform your doctor immediately.
Zoltero Injection is a bisphosphonate and acts primarily on the bone. It is an inhibitor of osteoclast-mediated bone resorption. Zoltero rapidly partitions to the bone and localizes preferentially at sites of high bone turnover. The main molecular target of Zoltero in the osteoclast is the enzyme farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase.
This medicine is used in the treatment of osteoporosis and it is also used to treat high levels of calcium in people who have cancer. Zoltero injection maintains bone destiny and reduces your risk of breaking a bone. This injection must be given slowly and this can take at least 15 minutes to complete. Avoid smoking and the consumption of alcohol while having treatment with this medicine. Do not skip or miss the dosing schedule. It is advisable not to change or stop the dose without taking suggestions from your doctor. Keep yourself hydrated and maintain good nutrition while receiving Zoltero Injections.
Side Effects Of Zoledronic Acid 4mg Injection
This medicine may cause some major and minor side effects. Discuss the risks and benefits of this medication with the doctor before starting the treatment.
Common Side Effects
- Bone pain
- Stomach pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty with swallowing
- Loss of appetite
- Pain at the injection site
- Redness or swelling in the eyes
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Blurred vision
- Loss of strength
- Unusual bleeding
- Weight loss
- Trouble sleeping
- Acute renal failure
- Shortness of breath
- Mouth sores
- Nasal congestion
Note – Immediately contact your doctor or medical practitioner if any side effects occur.
Take this injection as prescribed by your doctor. The injection is given as an infusion into your vein by a doctor or nurse. Do not self-administer.
- It is advisable not to miss a dose. If you miss an appointment for a scheduled dose of Zoltero injection, contact your doctor immediately.
- In case of an overdose of Zoltero injection, the doctor will provide emergency medical treatment.
Before starting treatment with Zoltero medicine, please inform your doctor about your previous medical history. If you experience any signs and symptoms while receiving this medication, do not ignore those symptoms because it may lead to higher risk.
- Use suitable methods of contraception to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Children and adolescents
- Zoltero injection is not advisable for use in children.
Warnings For Female
- Do not use this medicine if you are planning to become pregnant. Avoid this medication at the time of pregnancy.
- This medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding unless it is essential. Please consult with your doctor before starting treatment with this medication.
- Zoltero injection may cause severe joint and muscle pain.
- This medicine may increase the risk of thigh and hip bone fracture.
- The risk of osteonecrosis of the jaw is more in patients undergoing an invasive dental procedure.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any side effects like – diarrhea, nausea, constipation, anemia, irregular heartbeat.
- Zoltero injection may cause weakness, dizziness, and drowsiness in some patients.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
- Do not self administer.
- Not safe for pregnant women.
- Do not breastfeed while receiving this medication.