OVERVIEW AND USAGE
Brand name – Bortenat
Generic name – Bortezomib
Manufacturer – Natco Pharma
Strength – 2mg
Dosage Form – Injection
Composition – Bortezomib
Indication – Multiple Myeloma
Storage – 20° – 25° C
Overview Of Bortenat 2mg Injection
Bortenat 2mg injection is a targeted therapy medicine that is used in the treatment of multiple myeloma. It is mostly used in patients who have had two unsuccessful previous therapies. Bortezomib is the generic name of this medicine and it is a proteasome inhibitor. Bortenat 2mg vial is injected intravenously by a doctor or a trained nurse only.
Bortenat is a dipeptide boronic acid derivative which functions as a proteasome inhibitor. It interferes with the functioning of the 26S proteasome which furthermore causes apoptosis in cancerous cells. Additionally, it arrests the cell cycle in the middle. Bortenat suppresses the NF – κB signaling pathway associated with anti-apoptotic genes. Thus Bortenat 2mg suppresses the tumours progressively.
- Tingling of hands and arms
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Increased bleeding
- Muscle cramps
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Redness and swelling of the injection site
Bortenat 2mg injection is a prescription-based medication that should be injected intravenously by a doctor or an experienced nurse.
It is advisable to avoid missing any dose of Bortenat but in case you miss a dose consult your doctor immediately.
In case of an overdose of Bortenat 2mg, contact your doctor or any healthcare provider and seek medical attention immediately.
- Bortenat can cause an allergic reaction in some patients therefore it is necessary to read the complete composition list and consult the doctor in case of any ingredient that induces allergies.
- Inform the doctor about all the vitamin supplements, herbal medications, and prescription and non-prescription drugs since Bortenat 2mg can affect their mechanism.
- Bortenat 2mg can harm the fetus hence it is advisable to avoid pregnancy and breastfeeding during and till seven months after the last dose of the injection.
- It is advisable to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery after injecting Bortenat since it can cause dizziness as a side effect.
- Inform the doctor about past medical conditions like peripheral neuropathy, high cholesterol levels, heart disorders, diabetes, and high cholesterol.